The PROX-MICRO Proximity Switch is a non-contacting speed sensing device which converts pulses from a ferrous target to an electrical signal. The speed monitor utilizes a microcontroller and proprietary internal software to precisely monitor the RPM rate of the rotating ferrous target(s). Time between pulses is compared to application-appropriate, user-defined settings. The PROX-MICRO is packaged in a NEMA 4/5 enclosure with a transparent Lexan™ cover for dust and moisture protection.
- Large sensing range:
- 6 – 30,000 RPM based on 1 pulse per revolution
- 1 – 7,500 RPM based on 4 pulses per revolution
- 0.1 – 3000 RPM based on 60 pulses per revolution
- Underspeed monitoring: 20-99% of running speed
- Easy to program and field adjustable
- Status and Relay indicating LEDs
- Non-contact sensing – not directly coupled to a shaft
- Powder-coated cast aluminum housing with Lexan™ cover
- Proximity sensor features:
- 10-30 VDC NPN M18mm Shielded N.O.
- 500 Hz, 6′ (1.83 m) cable
- 0.315″ (8.0 mm) sensing distance
- Will pick up any ferrous material — magnet not required